10 Stocking Stuffers for the Job Seeker or Professional in Your Life October 24, 2022
The holidays are coming up quick, and whether you celebrate a holiday, or just want to get something small for the people in your life, this list is for you! Personally speaking, I know gift giving is a love language of mine, so I was thrilled to write a blog that combined shopping and working with job seekers. Gift giving is more than just sending someone a random gift to me – it’s a time that I get to show my friends and family that I saw something that made me think of them and that I wanted to get them something that would be useful to their lives. If you know any job seekers (or even people that are established in their career), consider some of these ideas for the perfect stocking stuffer!
- Business Cards – they’re a great way to network all! Even if the person in your life is still on the job hunt, business cards are a great way for them to incorporate the type of position they’re looking for, as well as contact information to hand out at networking events. You can even consider buying them a business card holder that they can throw in their pocket or keep in their car for easy access!
- Planners For the New Year – whether it’s a traditional daily planner or even a to do list note pad, it’s a great way for people in your life to keep track of their day to day as well as reminders when they have interviews, meetings, or even when job applications are due.
- Business Attire – get them a tie, scarf, or piece of jewelry that will boost their confidence when going through the interview process.
- A Fancy Pen – pens are great since they’re small enough to carry on the go, are always needed, and can even be a nice addition to a suit pocket!
- Professional Membership – A lot of niched careers will have opportunities for professional memberships, whether they’re in business, behavioral health, or manufacturing! Some of these memberships can be pricey, but it’s a great place for the job seeker in your life to stay up to date on the ins and outs of the field they are in, as well as networking for new jobs.
- Books – whether it’s a book regarding their (desired) profession or it’s something to increase motivation, confidence, and interview skills, books are always a great gift!
- Thank You Cards – if the person in your life is on the job hunt, getting them a nice set of Thank you cards is the perfect way for you to support them through this time in their life. Thank you cards can be used to send after interviews, job offers, and to people that have helped them throughout the job seeking process.
- Gift Cards – Gift cards are always nice if you don’t know what the person needs! You can tailor them to specific needs such as business attire stores or keep them broader like an Amazon gift card.
- Coffee/Tea – Getting them a nice bag of coffee or tea will be helpful for those early morning meetings or interviews.
- Self-Care Items – It’s no secret that being on the job hunt is a stressful time for people. Get them something small that they can use to treat themselves to take the stress off. Some great ideas are candles, bath products, or a little coupon book for things that you want to take off their plate!
Written by: BECCA FREEMAN, Executive Recruiter
Becca Freeman holds a B.S. in Psychology from Christopher Newport University and is currently pursuing her M.Ed. in Counseling at the College of William & Mary. Through recruiting and counseling, she has a desire to create meaningful relationships and to help improve the lives of others. As a recruiter for TYGES, Becca strives to connect outstanding ABA professionals with the most fitting opportunities.
In her free time, Becca can be found crafting, reading, watching one of her many tv shows, and spending time with her friends.
“We’re here to make good things happen for other people.“
We would love to make good things happen for you too!
Have an open position you need filled? Visit https://tygesbhr.com/submit-a-job/
Searching for a job? Visit https://tygesbhr.com/search-jobs/